Come work with us
Program Management & Control Services (PMCS) is a premier multi-disciplinary firm providing reliable, innovative, and high-quality construction engineering, program management, and project controls services to its partners across the transportation market throughout the Midwest.
Our work environment includes:
- Supportive & Collaborative Team Atmosphere
- Diverse Workforce
- Quality Driven
- Challenging Work Assignments
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Personalized Attention
- Opportunity to work on fast-paced, high-profile project
We are hiring and have several open positions to fill our growing needs. Come join our team. The following positions are open at PMCS’s Chicagoland based office. Send us your resume at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Senior Structural Inspector
The Senior Structural Inspector will serve as a key member of the firm’s growing construction services discipline by working on construction management & inspection projects throughout the Chicago area. The successful candidate will perform inspection services on road, bridge, and transit projects with a focus on structural applications. Specific tasks associated with this position include:
- Assist with the inspection of completed work with a focus on bridge and/or other structural elements.
- Coordinate with the Materials Inspectors and other disciplines to arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
- Work closely with resident engineer or supervisor to prepare reports detailing project estimates, costs, progress, risks and opportunities for review by senior management.
- Report to the Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to perform the work per the drawings and specifications.
- Inspect and document construction activities to ensure compliance with the contract plans and specifications.
- Make measurements and observations of work being performed to ensure accurate quantities are tracked for completed work and payment.
- Electronically document pay quantities, material requirements, and contractor staff in a daily work report.
- Trouble-shoot engineering related issues in a field setting.
- Be fair and firm in dealings with the Contractor.
- Perform constructability reviews of design drawings.
- Possess 10 years experience in engineering and/or construction management with a focus on structural inspection.
- Possess the ability to read and enforce working drawings and related specifications.
- Ability to give practical advice on structural constructional matters.
- Attention to detail, effective decision making, and strong organizational skills.
- Experience with eBuilder database and/or MicroStation software is a plus.
- IDOT, Illinois Tollway, CDOT, Cook County, and/or CTA project experience is a plus.
- Professional Engineering license or structural inspection specific certifications a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Posted 1/25/2024. Submit Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org